We, our, and us, when used in this notice, mean State Bank.
This is our privacy notice for our customers. When we use the words "you" and "your" we mean the following types of customers:
- Our consumer customers who have continuing relationship by purchasing or holding financial products or services such as a(n):
- Deposit account
- Loan account
- Credit card account
- Safe deposit box
- Former customers
We will tell you the sources of the information we collect about you. We will tell you what measures we take to secure that information.
We first define some terms:
Nonpublic personal information means information about you that we collect in connection with providing a financial product or service to you. Nonpublic personal information does not include information that is available from public sources, such as telephone directories or government records. Hereafter, we will use the term "information" to mean nonpublic personal information as defined in this section.
An affiliate is a company we own or control, a company that owns or controls us, or a company that is owned or controlled by the same company that owns or controls us. Ownership does not mean complete ownership, but means owning enough to have control.
The Information That We Collect
We collect information about you from the following sources:
- Information you give us on applications or other forms
- Information about your transactions with us
- Information about your transactions with our affiliates
- Information about your transactions with other parties
- Information from a consumer reporting agency
The Confidentiality, Security and Integrity of Your Information
We restrict access to information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect this information.
Your Information and Our Affiliates
We may disclose information about you to our affiliates. Here are the kinds of information and the source of that information:
- Transaction and experience information from our account records:
- Information about your transactions and experience with us, such as:
- Account balances
- Account activity
- Types of accounts
- Parties to the transaction
- Payment history
- Deposit history
Federal law allows us to disclose the information listed above with our affiliates. You do not have a right to opt out of the disclosure of this information.
Types of Affiliates
We may disclose information about you to the following types of affiliates:
Financial service providers, such as financial advisors
Reasons for Disclosure
We may disclose information about you to our affiliates:
- To provide you with information about additional products and services.
- Many customers want us to know the individual pieces of their overall financial relationship.
Your Information and Other Parties
We will not disclose information about you to anyone except as disclosed in this policy or as permitted by law. Examples of this might include disclosures necessary to service your account or prevent unauthorized transactions.
Information About Former Customers
We have the same policy about disclosing information about former customers as we do about current customers.
Authorized Sharing - Joint Marketing
We may disclose the following information to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements:
- Information you give us on an application or other forms, such as:
Types of Businesses
We may disclose information pursuant to joint marketing agreements to the following types of businesses:
- Financial service providers, such as:
- Insurance company
Reasons for Disclosing
We may disclose information about you to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements to provide you with information about additional products and services.
This institution is chartered, licensed, or registered under the law of the State of Texas and by state law is subject to regulatory oversight by the Texas Department of Banking. Any consumer wishing to file a complaint against this institution should contact the Texas Department of Banking through one of the means indicated below:
- In Person or U.S. Mail: 2601 North Lamar Boulevard, Suite 300. Austin, Texas 78705-4294
- Telephone No.:877-276-5554
- Fax No.: 512-475-1313
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.banking.state.tx.us